Reiner Schmitt GmbH Brennereitechnik has a long-standing relationship with the Fachhochschule Pirmasens. In 2001 we co-established a technical center with a functioning mini plant for industrial alcohol production on site. We’d love to schedule your visit and show you around.
- Development and optimization of chemical engineering processes.
- Study programs in the fields of pharmacy, chemistry, pharmaceutical logistics, synthetic, leather and fabric technology.
- Heavily applied sciences oriented.
- Sustainable products and services as the focal point of research.
- Together we’ve worked on construction, assembly and operation of a small-sized plant for continuous refinement of raw alcohol into neutral alcohol, in order to research energy saving potentials. The plant consists of a main rectification column, a hydro selection column, a refinement column and an extraction column for separating fusel oils.
- A variety of heat exchangers, capacitors, heat registers, separators, reflux condensers, pressure boosters and buffer tanks are used, as well as a cooling system with 2 cooling towers and an ethanol storage tank for the final product.
- Further development and testing of components in real-life conditions.
- Optimization of a whole plant as pilot project for the operation of customer plants.
- Trainings for customer engineers, to help our clients run and operate their plants themselves upon completion.